Upcoming Events

Senior stars discuss upcoming hoop season

Two seniors who played significant minutes during last year’s state tournament run will be counted on to provide leadership for the 2023-24 boys basketball team. Both sat down to discuss the season.

Mark White

How long have you been playing basketball? “I’ve been playing basketball since I was in 2nd grade.”

What are you feeling going into this season? “I feel great going into the season. It’s my senior year and we’re going to have a lot of fun, and get to play with my brothers for the last time before I go on to the next level.”

What are your goals this season? “My goals this season are to be an Indiana All Star and win another ring.”

How does it feel with this being your last basketball season as a Giant? “It’s pretty sad that it’s coming to an end being a Giant, I will always remember all the great times, and great people I’ve had being here.”

How are you feeling about the team this season? “I feel great about the team this year, I feel like we can definitely do some big things this year to get us back downtown to win state.”

Recently you verbally committed to IU South Bend, what can you say about that? “Committing to IU South Bend feels great. It’s a great school and campus, the coach loves me there and the players just have a brotherly connection that I can be a part of.”

How was the recruiting process? “My recruiting process was slow, because of last year with our stacked team everyone didn’t benefit from getting a lot of stats and major looks like they should have. But I’ve been putting in a lot of work during the off-season and over the summer. So I trusted the process and God has blessed me to be able to play at the next level.”

K.J. Windham

How long have you been playing basketball? “I would say since about 3 or 4, that’s about as early as I remember.”

What are you feeling going into this season? “Definitely excited, ready to play again and finish high school basketball strong.”

What are your goals this season? “My goals for this season are to win state again of course, go undefeated again, and personally to win Mr. Basketball.”

How does it feel with this being your last basketball season as a Giant? “It’s definitely sad knowing this is my last season playing with all these guys and leaving the foundation we’ve been building on the last 4 years, but it also excites me knowing that we have a shot to win the whole thing one last time.”

How are you feeling about the team this season? “I believe we are going to be good, we obviously lost a lot of pieces last year, but the people we have that returned and came up from JV are ready and all want to win again just like last year.”

You recently signed your commitment to Northwestern, what can you say about that? “Signing with Northwestern was definitely a great feeling. It felt like a weight lifted off my back knowing that I don’t have the pressure on me this year of getting recruited and I can focus on what the team and I need to do to repeat this year.”

How was the recruiting process? “The recruiting process was definitely a fun but overwhelming journey. I met a lot of new people, was able to compete in front of hundreds of different colleges, and I was given a lot of opportunities from different schools. I am glad Northwestern was a good fit for me.”