Bluitt, Henry shine in track

Alumni sports update

Week ending May 4, 2019

MENS OUTDOOR TRACK AND FIELD

Indianapolis’ DeAndre Bluitt won the high jump event at the Great Lakes Valley Conference Championships in a field of 19 with a leap of 6-7 1/8.  He also entered the triple jump, but fouled on his attempts. The Greyhounds were the winners of the 12 team conference championship.

DePauw senior DeMarco Henry became the third Ben Davis graduate to win an outdoor conference championship this spring (Noah Thomas won last week’s Heartland Conference 100 and 200 meters) by winning the North Coast Athletic Conference discus championship with a toss of 145-8. DePauw placed fifth in the nine team standings.  Wabash freshman Isaac Campbell, competing at the same meet, was third of 22 in the shot put (46-3) and 11th of 22 in the discus to help the Little Giants win the title.

Rose-Hulman’s Noah Thomas, competing at Indiana’s Billy Hayes Invitational in a field made up primarily of D-I competitors, was seventh of 23 in the 100 meters (10.66) and seventh of 25 in the 200 (22.02).

Illinois State’s Jordan Wilkerson placed sixth in the long jump (21-2 1/3) and third in the 100 meter dash (11.13) at the Wisconsin Alumni Classic.

WOMENS OUTDOOR TRACK AND FIELD

Competing at the Great Lakes Valley Conference Championships, Southern Indiana’s Sheniya Brown was seventh of 22 in the 100 meter dash (12.50; 12.42 in the preliminaries).

GOLF

Franklin’s Robert Turner was third for the fourth place Grizzlies and 18th of 45 overall with scores of 77-81-79-237 on a par 72 course at the ten team Heartland Conference Championships.

SOFTBALL

Kayla Britt has played in 11 games , six as a starter, for Taylor (34-15) and has had 21 chances as an infielder, with 10 assists, eight putouts and three errors for an .857 fielding percentage. At the plate she has scored two runs and has no hits in 16 official at bats.

BASEBALL

Isaac Whitten is batting .077 (1 for 13) in 12 games for Greenville (22-15).

Zion Avery is batting .240 (6 for 21) for Ohio University (16-27).

Isaac Davis is hitting .209 (24 for 115) for Vincennes (20-26). He was hitless in three at bats in last week’s 12-2 loss to Wabash Valley.