Upcoming Events

Earth sets record temperature

Hottest summer on record coming to an end

Over the past few years the heat has been rising. But scientists say its because of “human activities, particularly emission of heat trapping greenhouse gases that are mostly responsible for making the planet warmer”.

According to scientists, 2023 is the second hottest summer on record behind the summer of 2016.  However, Earth records were set on July 4 and July 3 this summer with the arth’s temperature hitting 62.8 on July 3 and 62.9 on July 4. 

July and August temperatures across the globe were the two hottest months on record.

But the Earth’s heat had been rising for the past 44 years as far back as 1850. Tthe temperature has been its highest average temperatures in recorded history and scientists have made a claim that “it may well be warmer then  any time in the last 125,000 years.”

NASA just did a research on how July was the hottest on record. But the weather has been so weird recently and i has been up and down this week in Indiana was cold and next week is supposed to be in the 80s.

The heat has been rising for many years. Wayne science guru Rick Crosslin feels the heat.

“There has been a big difference between weather and climate and I feel the last three summers have been extremely hot,” Crosslin said. “I have noticed many trees suffering due to the heat and mini-drought conditions.”

Crosslin also said that he is scared for the newer generation and the he is also scared for his grandkids and how the world will be for them.