Upcoming Events

How do old games hold up today? 

How do old games hold up today? 

Games age like fine wine – the longer it sits and ages the more people want to see what it’s talking about.

For the people that grew up on said game they never really thought of it as something while they were playing it, but when you grow up and you play newer games or modern games you see how they’ve become very complicated and massive when it comes to the world.

Sometimes that can be overwhelming so we come back to the games we once knew and see that we took them for granted. For some old games that people know, how do they fare years later?

Take Tetris, for example. This game is nostalgic for some back in the day with other arcade machines like Pac Man or Donkey Kong. But Tetris still holds up with many competitions for it and a new battle royale like game on the Switch called Tetris 99 and another game that’s widely popular on other consoles called Tetris Effect that gives you the original Tetris but with new crazy effects, modes and songs that you have to try out.

Another classic game that was on one of the first home systems was Mario, Super Mario Bros has been around for ages and constantly getting spin off games, remakes, its own theme park in California and more.

We don’t forget about the original game. Most still play it today because it’s simpler and not much is going on besides you going through worlds to save Princess Peach.

I highly advise you to play any Mario game if you haven’t yet – you’ll fall in love with the character just like everyone else has. 

For this last game the old generation has been playing this for games let that be on a computer screen or in person by themselves – that game is called Solitaire. Some might think it doesn’t count, but this game has been around for a very long time and it didn’t have to rely on much to stay relevant.

It gets the job done by curing boredom and letting you have some fun with just a pack of cards. This also has a different version of itself over the years, but to the core it stays the same as it has been throughout the generations. So when you find an old NES system in your attic or garage and find a Tetris cartridge to go with it, don’t be afraid to blow the dust off of it and play it.