Vegetarian Restaurants in Indy

Yummy Places With Plant-Based Diet Friendly Meals

Margiory Valle, Co-sports editor

Many refrain from going on a plant-based diet due to the misconception that they’ll have a limited range of tasty food items. Even people who are on plant-based diets may feel like their restaurant options are few. The truth is that most restaurants provide tasty vegetarian and even vegan-friendly dishes. In reality, there are many restaurants nearby that offer an arrangement of amazing foods that even the meat eater would enjoy.

One of them is the 3 Sisters Cafe, which provides vegan and vegetarian options. For breakfast, they offer items like tofu scramble and granola. On their menu, they have a “Non-Meaty” section which includes items like grilled veggies, veggie club sandwich, black bean burger, grilled tofu, spinach melt, plus many other options. Located at 6223 Guilford Ave.

Cafe Patachou also caters to those with plant-based diets. Their omelets like The California Dreamer include avocado, white cheddar, sour cream, and jalapenos. The Hippie With A Benz includes spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and feta cheese. They also make sure to include vegan with items like a Vegan Cuban Breakfast and a vegan omelet. If omelets aren’t your thing, they also offer an avocado multigrain toast and fresh fruit salad. Cafe Patachou also has sandwiches such as the Vegan Field Roast and a vegetarian sandwich. The soup of the day is also often vegan/vegetarian and gluten-free. With three locations in Indianapolis and several other in Carmel.

When you think of burgers, vegetarians are probably the last thing you think of. But Bru Burger Bar provides tasty meat-free burgers that anyone would enjoy. They have items such as the Black Bean Burger, Grilled Portobello Sandwich, Veggie Burger, and the Impossible Burger which is vegan. They have three locations in Indiana.

A smaller restaurant is Three Carrots at a counter in City Market. With a completely meat-free, vegan menu. Don’t let the appearance of the small stand fool you, they provide many items such as breakfast, sandwiches/wraps, salads, and soups. To name off a few specific dishes, they have biscuits and gravy, chickpea salad sandwich, hummus and veggie wrap, and a southwest salad.

In the mood for Mexican food? Then Nada is surely the place to go. Located at 11 W Maryland St, Nada offers food items like Butternut Squash Soup, Huevos Rancheros, Fried Avocado Tacos, Mac n’ Cheese, and many more you’re guaranteed to love.

If you’re a vegetarian who loves pizza Sal’s Famous Pizzeria has traditional style, wood-fired pizzas. On their menu, nearly every pizza is meat-free, some popular ones are the Margherita pizza, which includes: fresh tomatoes, olive oil, mozzarella cheese, and Italian herbs. Vegetarian pizza which includes: tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, green peppers, pine nuts, and olive oil. Bianca Neve pizza which is topped with only a rich four cheese blend. They also offer vegetarian and vegan-friendly pasta meals, like spinach lasagna, baked ziti, and spaghetti & eggplant. Sal’s has three locations in Brownsburg, Mooresville, and Plainfield.

No matter what you’re craving to eat, a nearby meat-free alternative is closer than you think.

About the Writer
Margiory Valle, Sports Co-editor
Hey! I’m Margiory Valle, a senior at Ben Davis. This year I’m a sports page co-editor and it’s my second year in Spotlight.