Upcoming Events

Malone does it all

Assistant football coach also works behind the scenes
Janay Simpson
Michael Malone works in the athletic directors office. 

Assistant football coach Michael Malone tells us about the passion he has for football. A passion that started on the west side and continues today in his role as assistant football coach and assistant in the athletic department.

Malone talks about his early childhood best friend Brandon. Brandon used to play football with Michael in the Eagledale Little League and he’s stuck with football ever since.

Malone became interested in coaching when coach Mike Kirschner, who is now head coach at Warren Central, was the head coach for the football team.

¨After I finished college football I came home and Coach Kirschner reached out to me and asked if I was willing to help out and so I helped out and now I’m here,¨ Malone said. 

As Malone continues talking about his football career, he also tells us about his plans for his future.

¨I would want to be a head coach here one day or in the MIC or an athletic director,¨ he said.

Malone continues by saying he feels confident that the football team is hitting the goals they need to be hitting as well as the seniors on the team who are doing very well. As a coach, Malone shows people that there’s more to coaching than just yelling at his athletes but it’s also friendships and bonds he builds with his team to get a better understanding of them.

During the day, Malone works in the athletic department answering the phone, helping with scheduling issues and basically anything it takes to run a high school athletic program.