• February 9“I can live for two months on a good compliment." - Mark Twain

• August 5To order a yearbook, visit www.yearbookforever.com or see Mr. Hayes in X109.

Congratulations to Mr. Biggerstaff!

Biggerstaff gains recognition for his hard work in career and technical education

Joey Chadwick, Staff Writer

Patrick Biggerstaff has recently won the Indiana-Association for Career and Technical Education Administrator of the Year of 2017,  but it all started by attending Dallas Baptist University for his Bachelor in Business Administration degree, TCU for my MBA, University of Indianapolis for my Master of Arts in Teaching degree, Indiana University for my K-12 Building Administrator License, and Ball State University for my Career and Technical Education Director License.

The Indiana-Association for Career and Technical Education is a organization that focus on teachers, administrators, and staff who believe in Career and Technical education for the young people, like Biggerstaff. The organization is ‘committed to doing all it can to promote and strengthen career education for today’s youth. ‘

Biggerstaff is currently enrolled in the Doctor of Educational Administration program at Ball State. Where he later taught at Ben Davis Business Department. “I also coached soccer and served as co-advisory of our DECA team. I am currently serving in my third year as Director of Career and Technical & Adult Education, I also began teaching in Wayne Township in January of 2007 (10+ years),“ Biggerstaff said.

He then was promoted to the administrator in the Career Center of Ben Davis. “. I feel honored to be recognized as I-ACTE Administrator of the Year. I am grateful for the positive attention that it has brought to our career center, and I think that the award is a testament to the great work of our staff and students. I am proud to be a part of Area 31 and the Wayne Township family, and I am thrilled that people are learning more about our programs and resources,” Biggerstaff said.