Upcoming Events

Windham set to join 1,000 point club

Milestone could come Friday against Cathedral
Deryus Tarleton
Senior KJ Windham catches a pass against Lawrence North. Windham has 999 career points and is set to be the 11th player in school history to surpass the 1,000 point mark.

KJ Windham is about to join a unique club.
With the next point Windham scores, he will become just the 11th player in Ben Davis boys basketball history to score at least 1,000 points in his career.
“It means a lot knowing that it’s something that doesn’t happen a lot,” Windham said of that milestone. “I will be the first to get 1,000 points since my brother in 2019 so that’s nice that I’ll get to join him in history.”
Windham’s brother is Jalen, who helped the Giants win the 2017 Class 4A state basketball championship. KJ was a major part of last year’s 33-0 team that won the state basketball title.
In addition, KJ has an older sister – Jazmine – who played on the 2009 girls team that was both state and national champions. Jalen and Jazmine both became Indiana All-Stars and have their jerseys hanging in the BD gym.
Jalen is seventh on the BD career list with 1,042 points.
KJ was a junior Indiana All-Star last season and is a strong candidate to make the Indiana All-Stars this spring.
KJ also is a senior leader on this year’s team that stands 15-4 with three games left before the state tournament begins.
The Giants host state power Cathedral this Friday and then play for the MIC championship Tuesday at home against Lawrence Central before hosting Tech for Senior Night on Feb. 26.
“I think we are starting to play some of our best basketball, while continuing to learn and grow, so once the playoffs start, we will be ready to make another run at state,” Windham said.
The Giants will find out this Sunday who they start the start tournament against when the IHSAA conducts its annual draw. Windham has one goal in mind.
“To win state,” he said. “Nothing less than that.”

Wrestling

Senior Keith Parker will be the lone BD wrestler competing at state this weekend. The 132-pounder has a 39-6 record and will compete Friday and Saturday at the Roberts Center in Evansville. Parker has 118 career wins that puts him 5th on the all-time school win list.
The state finals were moved to Evansville this year since Gainbridge Fieldhouse is hosting the NBA All-Star game this weekend.