Upcoming Events

Bryan misses on latest album

A few bright spots in an otherwise long recording

Zach Bryan is a name you may not know. He is a somewhat smaller country artist, who released his first song, “Sunday Flannel” in 2016. Since then he has released 5 albums and two EPs.

His newest album is a self titled album that’s run time is 54 minutes and 23 seconds. His first two albums are named after his late mother and his ex wife, respectively. Bryan was born in Japan while his family  was stationed overseas in the Navy.

Bryan would later go on to enlist in the Navy. His album ‘Zach Bryan’ was released in late August. The album is 17 tracks lengthwise. Three of the 17 tracks include featured artists.

Fear & Friday’s (poem)

For this being the first track off the album it opened the album on a note that made me not want to continue with the album. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt. This song is the first variant of this song, track 5 shares the same title of this. My favorite part of this song/poem is probably, “Matter of fact, I’ve never asked nothing from nobody.” I would give this song a 4 out of 10.

Overtime

I think this was a good follow up track to the first one. This song drew my interest back in after I lost part of it during the first track. My favorite part of this song is, “I never gave a sh*t about being arrogant anyway.” However I’m not the biggest fan of this song so I would rate it a 6 out of 10.

Summertime’s Close

This song definitely isn’t one of my favorites from the album. So far I don’t love the album but I hope it’ll grow on me. My favorite part of this song is, “I lost faith in the world a long time ago.”  I would rank it a 4 out of 10

East Side Of Sorrow

Surprisingly I like this song a decent amount. I like this lyric the most from this song, “You were the last thing I had that was good” I would give this song a 9 out of 10

Hey Driver(Ft War and Treaty)

I don’t like nor hate the song. It’s a song I wouldn’t necessarily listen to in my free time but I wouldn’ skip it if it came on. My favorite lyrics are, “Hey, driver, I’m so tired of the ways of this old world. Just drive until the tires melt, we’ll come back when it’s healed.” I would give this song a 6 out of 10.

Fear & Friday’s

I definitely like this version better than the poem but I still don’t necessarily love the song. My favorite part of the song is, “You only love me like you mean it

When it’s after dark.” I’d have to give this song a 7 out of 10. 

Ticking

This track is one of my favorite songs from the album. My favorite part of this song would be, “I’m cutting ties with things that bind my heart to this world.” I would give this song a 9 out of 10

Holy Roller(ft Sierra Ferrell) 

This is another one of my favorites from the album. My favorite part of this song is definitely, “I ain’t never been a holy roller, But I found God in your eyes.” I would give this song a 9 out of 10

Jake’s Piano/Long Island

I don’t love or hate the song. I just don’t have a set in stone opinion on it. My favorite part of the song is, “You used to hold me by my gentle hands, these ain’t the hopeful hands you held before.” I would give this song a 5 out of 10.

El Dorado 

I like this song enough but not enough to add it to any of my playlists. My favorite lyric from this song is, “You’re in every last memory alive.” I would give this song an 8 out of 10.

I Remember Everything(Ft. Kacey Musgraves)

This is by far my favorite song off of the entire album. My favorite lyric from this song is, “I wish I didn’t, but I do remember every moment on the nights with you.” I would give this song a 10 out of 10. In my opinion it was a perfect song.

Tourniquet

I really liked this song but it wasn’t my favorite. My favorite part of the song is, “You’ve been stabbed in the back and the rest of your body. Won’t you tell me where you’re bleedin’ from.” I would have to give this song a 8 out of 10

Spotless (Ft. The Lumineers)

I was extremely disappointed by this song. Most anyone who knows me, knows I love The Lumineers. So I was over the moon when I saw this collaboration but I was let down. I liked The Lumineers part of the song and that’s about it. If I had to pick a  part of the song I liked best it would be, “Your heart knows deeper seasons than my eyes ever will.” I would give this song a 4 out of 10.

Tradesman 

This was a decent song to follow up the mess that was the previous track but it still wasn’t good enough for me. My favorite lyrics would have to be, “And everyone lately’s scarin’ me.” I would give this a 8 out of 10.

Smaller Acts

I didn’t like this song much. My favorite part of the song is, ‘You’d feel her in a room if you was blind” I would give this song a 6 out of 10.

Oklahoma Son.

For a final track this song made the most sense. A mediocre last track for a mediocre album. The best part of this song in my opinion is, “And money can’t buy me back no time.” I would give this a 6 out of 10.

As a whole I would have to give this album a solid 4 out of 10. I had somewhat decent expectations going into the song and my expectations were not met.