Henry continues to develop for Spartans

Weekly alumni sports update

Week ending January 5

MENS BASKETBALL

Michigan State (13-2, 4-0) defeated Northwestern 81-55 and Ohio State 86-77. Aaron Henry had four points (2 for 4, 0 for 0, 0 for 0), five rebounds, four assists, one steal, and one turnover in 19 minutes against the Wildcats; and five points (1 for 1, 1 for 1, 2 for 2), two rebounds, one assist, and two turnovers in 14 minutes against the Buckeyes.

Juwan Carpenter had three rebounds and one assist in five minutes for Bethel (14-4, 3-3) in a 95-92 loss to Indiana Wesleyan. The senior did not take any shots from the field and missed on his two free throw attempts.

WOMENS BASKETBALL

Kentucky State (8-7, 2-5) lost 67-66 to Paine. Jessie Kee had 11 points (4 for 9, 0 for 2, 3 for 4), four rebounds, one steal, and four turnovers in 31 minutes for KSU.

DePauw (12-3, 6-0) defeated Allegheny 72-50, Hiram 76-55, and Wooster 76-49. Imani Graham had three rebounds, one steal, and no points (0 for 1, 0 for 0, 0 for 2) in 14 minutes against Allegheny; one turnover in 12 minutes against Hiram; and two points (1 for 3, 0 for 1, 0 for 0), one rebound, one steal, and one turnover in 13 minutes against Wooster.

Tuskegee (8-3, 3-1) lost 58-39 to Benedict. Shelle Daniels had six points (0 for 1, 0 for 0, 6 for 8), two rebounds, one blocked shot, two steals, and three turnovers in 39 minutes for Tuskegee.

The University of Northwestern Ohio (7-12, 3-6) defeated Lourdes 82-70 and lost 76-67 to Aquinas. Bethany Blow had two points (1 for 1, 0 for 0, 0 for 0), two steals, one assist, and one turnover in 11 minutes in the win; and three points (1 for 5, 0 for 1, 1for 2), one rebound, one assist, and one turnover in 13 minutes in the loss.

Shae Daniels is no longer on the Olivet roster.

WRESTLING

Purdue’s Dylan Liddy lost 6-4 at 174 pounds in the Boilers’ 28-11 loss to Utah Valley. He did not compete in the next two matches before winning by forfeit in a 23-20 win against West Virginia. These matches took place at the South Beach Duals in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.