Plenty of hoop action for graduates

Alumni sports update

Week ending December 15

MENS BASKETBALL

Michigan State (9-2) defeated Green Bay 104-83. Aaron Henry had one rebound, one steal, three assists, and one turnover in 11  minutes for MSU.

Juan Carpenter played 12 minutes for Bethel (12-3) in an 82-54 defeat of Simmons College, Kentucky, and had two points (1 for 5, 0 for 0, 0 for 0), six rebounds, one steal, one assist, and five turnovers.

IU-East (9-5, 2-1) lost 82-81 to Union, KY and won 80-65 against Ohio Christian. Kyle Finch played a total of four minutes in the two games and had one point (0 for 0, 0 for 0, 1 for 2) and one turnover.

Wabash Valley (8-4) defeated Rend Lake 96-89. Jalen Newsom had eight points (3 for 4, 2 for 3, 0 for 0), one rebound, two steals, and two turnovers.

WOMENS BASKETBALL

Miami, Ohio (7-2) lost 57-56 to Florida A & M.  Nia Clark had 14 points (4 for 10, 3 for 5, 3 for 6), two rebounds, and two turnovers for Miami in 22 minutes.

Tuskegee (7-3) defeated Fort Valley 51-49. Shelle Daniels had one point (0 for 1, 0 for 0, 1 for 2), one rebound, and two turnovers in seven minutes for Tuskegee.

Olivet (5-4) lost 70-66 to Calvin and won 72-64 against Calumet College of St. Joseph. Shae Daniels had nine points (4 for 11, 1 for 3, 0 for 0), six rebounds, one steal, and one blocked shot in 25 minutes before fouling out against Calvin; and seven points (1 for 8, 0 for 1, 5 for 6), a team high 13 rebounds, one assist, three steals, and three turnovers in 27 minutes against Calumet

Kentucky State (6-5) lost 83-53 to Wright State and won 56-47 against Bellarmine. Jessie Kee had a team high 16 points (7 for 15, 1 for 4, 1 for 2), four rebounds, two assists, one turnover, and three steals in 30 minutes before fouling out against Wright State; and four points (2 for 7, 0 for 3, 0 for 2),five rebounds, one assist, one blocked shot, and four turnovers in 27 minutes against Bellarmine.