Cuttino collects three more All-America nods

Former BD star now has seven All-America honors in her career

Staff report

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – All-America honors continue to pour in for Danielle Cuttino as the Indianapolis, Indiana, native earned the fifth, sixth and seventh All-America nods of her career. PrepVolleyball, VolleyballMag and VolleyMob all awarded Cuttino with All-America status following the 2017 season.

With her first team honors awarded by the AVCA, Purdue will raise another banner in Holloway Gymnasium as Cuttino joins Ariel Turner, Stephanie Lynch and Marianne Smith as the four First Team All-Americans in program history. She has earned All-America honors each of the last three seasons and has collected four All-America accolades this season alone. PrepVolleyball and VolleyballMag both awarded her second team honors while VolleyMob recognized her on its third team. Cuttino led the Big Ten her senior season with a 4.09 kills per set average and posted the best kills per set average (4.17) and kill total (300) in conference play as well.

The three awards make her the most decorated Boilermaker in program history as Purdue has never had a student-athlete earn seven All-America awards in their career. Cuttino graduates with the eighth best hitting percentage (.308), eighth most block assists (339), 10th most block solos (72) and 10th most total blocks (411) in Purdue history. She’s one of 26 Boilermakers to earn 1,000 career kills and is just one of six student-athletes in Purdue history to register 1,000 kills and 400 blocks in her career. She surpassed Team USA’s Annie Drews on the all-time career kills list with 1,389 total kills while splitting time as a middle blocker and outside hitter