• November 3"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

• August 5To order a yearbook, visit www.yearbookforever.com or see Mr. Hayes in X109.

Spotlight, Keyhole earns state honors

The staffs of Spotlight and Keyhole combined for eight state awards from the Indiana High School Press Association. These awards were for the 2016-17 school year.

Michaela Kelley, a 2017 graduate, earned first place in photo portfolio and third place in feature photography while Anthony Aguilar, also a 2017 graduate, earned first place in news photography. Junior Meadow Isselhardt earned second place in advertising while Meghan Stapp and Bryana Seneriz won third place for yearbook copy writing.

Both the Spotlight and Keyhole were named Hoosier Star Finalists.

In addition, the Spotlight earned two first place awards for the month of September from Ball State. The staff earned first place in online reporting for its coverage of High School Nation and it also earned first place in in-depth reporting for a series on teenage violence.

BDTV also won first place in broadcasting from Ball State for its Sept. 23 newcast.