The following Area 31 students competed in this weekend’s SkillsUSA Leadership and Skills Conference.
Area 31 administrator Patrick Biggerstaff reports that all 24 competitors proudly represented Area 31 as they competed
in 15 different contest areas.
* Collision Repair Technology – Silver (2nd place) – Jason Parker
* Community Service – Bronze (3rd place) – Mickayla Acton, KC Lofton, and Taylor Humphries
* Commercial Baking – Gold (first place and advancing to Nationals) – Marlena Auberry
* Culinary Arts – Silver (2nd place) – Tristan Rakes
*Extemporaneous Speaking – Gold (first place and advancing to Nationals) – Faith Haggard
* Restaurant Services – Silver (2nd place) – Deja Speikes
* Restaurant Services – Bronze (3rd place) – Payne Medjesky
Advisers who worked with these SkillsUSA students throughout the year were Mike Rader, Danny Camden, Ric Burdine, Doug Sisk, Bill O’Neal, Mark White, Jacob McElfresh, Nathan Furney, Dick Hettenvan, Dedra Andreko, Nick Mayes, Daniel Schifano and Cory Darling.