Born to heal

Chin enjoys her job in the school clinic

Back to Article
Back to Article

Born to heal

Jada

Jada

Jada

Krupa Patel

In addition to this week being Teacher Appreciation Week, it is also National Nurses Week.

The official National Nurses Day was Monday, a day that went by almost unnoticed for Danelle Chin, one of two nurses who help students in our clinic.

“I always knew I wanted to be in the medical field,” said Chin, who graduated from Indiana University. “I’m fascinated by the science of the human body and how it works. I like nursing because it allows me to be very hands-on and I feel like I’m making a difference.”

After deciding on a career it’s not always easy to accomplish your goals by yourself. Everybody needs someone to turn to for dedication and encouragement.

“My family has always been my biggest cheerleaders,” Chin said. “My parents always encouraged me to follow my dreams and do whatever I could to make it happen.”

Finishing college is one thing but finding a job after is another thing. And oftentimes after finding a job, we’re not always very pleased with the workspace or the environment. But for Chin it was different.

“I love working with the Thrive program, being able to attend a field trip with them to Bradford Woods last year was one of the most rewarding experiences of my career. I also really love my schedule,” she said.

There are pros and cons to everything, but for Chin, it seems like she really loves where she works.

“There’s nothing I would change, I love what I do,” Chin said. “The people I work with are amazing, and I have a great support system within this district and that’s not something you get everywhere.”

Some other interesting things about Chin are that she’s getting married in March 2020. She will have five children after the marriage and she already lives a loud, full, chaotic life.

“I love cooking, hiking, exercising, and spending time with my family and friends,” Chin said.

Our other school nurse is Peggy Geoghegan. If you have a minute this week, stop by the clinic.

About the Writer
Krupa Patel, Staff

Hi. My name is Krupa Patel and I’m a senior at Ben Davis. I enjoy shopping and going out during my free time. I am a very sporty person, I love sports....