More than a Brand

Looking at the difference between name brand products

Lora Dew, Staff

The majority of people believe that spending tons of money on brands such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Fendi, Prada, etc,  is just a waste of money. Why buy a pair of boots for $1,330 when you can buy some cheaper at Payless for around $50? If you have the money, go for it. More matters than just the name and the price.

It’s the quality of the item. Of course all things can rip or tear but what are the chances of a Fendi purse tearing in a week over a cheap purse you purchased at Forever 21 for $23.

Also, it’s the design — every little detail counts. The creativity and originality take place and although it may be more expensive than most, it’s one of a kind, such as Rihanna’s Puma Slides.

Of course, there are many fur slides you can purchase almost anywhere but they don’t have the brand printed across the shoe, the same color choices, texture,or material. Sometimes even because a celebrity is involved they’ll get more people to purchase. Along with material if you’re a shopaholic, you’ll notice different fabrics.

If you purchase a hoodie out of the Nike store you’ll see that the cotton may be thicker than one you would get from Rainbow.

Brands are also providing safety. When you purchase off of the official site you are for sure to get the real thing. Most of the time you’ll remember the days when you wish you could have Gucci purse and now that you can afford it you’re after it.  It also adds value to the product as well.

Although it may be a higher price, it is usually worth the expense.